[Chat] bocce ball --Thursdays at Wyman Park

chad abrams abramschad at gmail.com
Fri May 4 13:01:24 EDT 2012

The Intent of the original mailing was to see if there was any interest in
the neighborhood in forming a team to join the Wyman Park Bocce league
which (I think) meets Thursdays at 6:30.  Information about the league may
be found at http://baltimorebocce.com/season/hampden/  (note it seems
inconsistent -- the play date says Thursday but the write-up about the
league says Wed).  Registration for the season is typically $45.  What is
described online sounds like a pretty informal event and often followed by
attendees heading to a local pub afterwords.  The website indicates there
are 4, informal, social bocce leagues currently forming (calvert hill,
patterson park, fderal hill and wyman park).  So.. the commitment is to
come and join your neighbors once weekly to play Bocce.  There is a faq
that might prove useful http://baltimorebocce.com/faq/.  You get a
free-tshirt for joining a league.

The Groupon
http://www.groupon.com/deals/baltimore-bocce-league?c=title&s=body&sid=11165732&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=baltimore-bocce-league&division=baltimore&date=20120503&utm_content=all-deals_baltimore_control_1&p=1&addxe=QUJSQU1TQ0hBREBHTUFJTC5DT00=&user=ff985f0e152646337718e5d1b69d464790a51fb1b8095943ba5395b3c3982791
is for discounted registration to any of the 4 local leagues  (includes the
Wyman Park).  The groupon provides a $15 discount off of individual
registration ($25 instead of $45) and a $225 discount off of a group/team
registration ($175 instead of  $400 for up to 8 people).  Groupon is
available for sale I think til midnight Sat (the 5th-- if i'm doing the
math right).

Though there has been a bit of 'chat' about this, so far  I think only I
and one other person have expressed interest in actually doing this.
 Anyone else?   Even if not enough folks are interested to form a Team if
we register as 'friends' they will try to keep us together.