[Chat] Re: [Discussion] RE: CV Historic District

OldHouseHistory at aol.com OldHouseHistory at aol.com
Tue Mar 22 17:08:22 EST 2005

Great!

Thanks, John, that explains the difference all right.  In DC, the  norm is
that a historic district is first designated local (with review), then  national
(mere formality).

Also, I read with caution the Baltimore change of CHAP into the planning
office.  DC did the same a few years ago with their equivalent (Hist Pres
Division and HP Review Board), without first thinking through the enforcement
issue; now that they are part of planning, they have no enforcement of  violations
capability like they did when they were formerly with  DCRA.  I suspect the
same will happen with CHAP.

I was about to write a letter to the Sun concerning the same  thing!

I'm sure CV has discussed becoming a local district in the past, but would
it be appropriate to discuss the pros and cons again at this time?

Paul

Paul K.  Williams
Kelsey & Associates, Inc
2629 Guilford Avenue